SignStix Ltd is a small innovative software company specialising in digital engagement for big retail brands and beyond. Our core product is the SignStix platform – an award-winning cloud-based system that allows customers to interact with their audiences via digital screens and connected technology, such as touchscreens, RFID readers, barcode scanners, push-buttons, and IoT devices. We also undertake bespoke client projects, often integrating our core platform into the client’s domain.
We are recruiting for an experienced Lead Full Stack Developer to join our team. We are looking for an individual who can lead and mentor our development team, analyse and resolve problems and build high-quality solutions. The ideal candidate will be involved in system design decisions and able to give technical advice on expanding our architecture and product.
You will be building out the core SignStix platform which includes web apps and APIs, and endpoint players for Android and other platforms, with considerable input into the direction of the product. In addition, you will be developing digital experiences for clients, always being innovative and responsive to client demands. SignStix developers are involved in the full software lifecycle and work closely across the business to scope out new projects and design, develop and deploy our products.
Git, Docker, NodeJS, Webpack, Babel, React, Redux, Sass, MySql, C++, Linux(CentOS) Mocha, Chai, Enzyme, Cypress, AWS, EBS, Bitbucket, Bitbucket Pipelines(CI), Jira, Heroku, Balena, etc…
- Working closely with management and key clients to understand business needs and translate these into technical requirements for the dev team.
- Setting the priorities between tasks and assigning tasks to the development team.
- Ensuring deadlines are met.
- Planning and documenting technical specifications for features or system design.
- Designing, building, and configuring applications to meet business requirements.
- Directing the development team in the design, coding, testing and debugging.
- Writing clean, testable, scalable and efficient code and leading code reviews.
- Mentoring team members and ensuring they adhere to determining software quality standards.
- Evaluating, managing and reducing technical debt. (migrating from C++ to Node, migrating from old React to the latest, improving SQL query performance – and more)
- Deploy to the cloud, particularly with AWS and advise on the best way to scale up architecture.
Skills & Experience
– Expert: NodeJS, React, Redux, Docker
– Strong: Linux, AWS
– Nice to have: C++, Android, Java, network, IoT
- Have a solid background in delivering software in a commercial environment and be used to designing and developing high-quality applications as part of a multi-disciplinary software team.
- Adhere to software best practices and coding standards, ability to write clean code, engage in code reviews and project retrospectives and be fully conversant in automated software testing.
- Have knowledge of object-oriented languages and design patterns.
- Work well in a team environment and have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Degree-level qualification (or similar) in Computer Science or a similar field
If you love building great software, we would love to hear from you.
Please drop us an introductory email and attach your CV or fill in the careers form below!